Friday, September 19, 2008

The Bad Seed

One of my favorite horror movies is the Bad Seed. It was obviously written by a mother who has a daughter similar to mine. The reports from school are that they wish every one of the children was as great as our daughter. "You are such a nice mommy, you are the best mommy" They have never seen a tantrum or any other kind of bad or questionable behavior from our child. "You are such a nice mommy, so pretty, you are the best mommy". She never throws a tantrum, she always puts everything away when asked. "You are such a nice mommy, you are the best mommy in the whole world". When I pick her up, it's a different story. She will begin to scream at the top of her lungs if I do any thing wrong. Whenever I try to express how much difficulty I am having with the tantrums, no one can believe me. "You are such a nice mommy, so pretty, you are the best mother". I ask for advice on how to help me deal with the issues I have with my daughter and they say, she is an angel, they wish all of the children could be like her. "You are such a nice mommy". When they find me floating in a pool, it will be obvious that it must have been because I am so unstable and delusional.

No comments: