Saturday, November 8, 2008

The New Bed

We finally outgrew the bottle.  The three year old that is. The baby gave it up at sixth months,  I don't think the parents will ever give it up.  Diapers are another issue.  All in due time I suppose.
Today we just put together a toddler bed for the older one.  She is beside herself. I struggled with buying it for a month.  Children's furniture, like appliances have the caveat that the smaller the space they occupy, the more expensive they are.   Some things  provide a kind of peace of mind that is without monetary value.  The powerful baby monitor that allows us to go upon the roof is priceless. The princess sippy cup that replaced the bottle, priceless. Now, the toddler bed. 
The toddler bed has created a face-cracking smile on Iri's face that will allow us to move past one more baby related stage and into big-girl hood.  
As we finished reading "The Big Sister" and I kissed Iri good-night, she said, did you buy this bed for me?  Not for Roxy?  Yes, it is just for you, my very own happy little, funny little girl.  She cracked her smile even grander and asked me to turn out the light so that she could go to sleep.

1 comment:

Kathy Slattengren said...

Your three-year-old asking you to turn out the light so she can go to sleep ... wow, that toddler bed is definitely worth it!