Friday, October 17, 2008

Ha, Ha Ha! Take That King of Disco, I Will Be Long Gone!

I thought that it would be a good idea to try for two children in order for them to have each other, since we are older parents. I didn't realize how important this would be until we had two children. It is so challenging sometimes to have two that I don't think we will make it 15 years.
Our neighbor and friend is Randy Jones, the cowboy from the Village people. He is married to a man, approaching 60 and never having children. He looks incredible, somewhere between 30 and King of Disco.  He looks, well, fabulous.  We saw him on the street the other day and he asked how it was going with two kids, he was sort of laughing at the absurdity of it all. Mind you, he's known me since my cool punk rocker twenties and I look, well, haggard, now.  
He then asked how old we will be when the girls hit the fun age of eighteen.  Kevin and I looked at each other and replied, "We will be dead"!  
It is no wonder parents are crazy, or alcoholic or hated by their children.    
Frankly, we don't know how we are going to survive the first five years, much less 15.
PS. Randy, We have bequeathed the girls to you!

No comments: