Saturday, December 6, 2008

Karma

We hear so much, "It's his karma". 
 How simple. How complicated. Depends on if you want to blame them or you.  I have such bad self esteem that it is hard not to blame the bad karma on me and the good on others.  
Where do you draw the line between oh well it's karma and I had better take responsibility for this?
My colleague  shared with me yesterday that his three month old grandchild never cries.  
How cool.   His mom has some great karma.  
My daughter cried for four months straight.  It must be her karma, because I didn't deserve that.  
My friend's three year old has never thrown a tantrum.  Whose karma?  Hers I am sure. My daughter throws two hour inconsolable screaming fits?  Whose karma?  Hers? Mine.  
The baby is generally happy.  My karma.  Sometimes she is a fighter and screams really loud.  Her karma. 
My favorite colleague was downsized.   Her karma.  
I was retained.   My karma?  
Not bad.   I think I like this view.
I know that karma is supposed to be an accumulation of your actions good and bad.  It's hard to give credit where it is due. 
It should be the get out of jail free and collect $200 dollar card at the same time.
I want to believe in karma, it's just that it is so convenient to use it for your own good.
More on this to come.

1 comment:

Kevie Metal said...

This is great stuff.

I think when you're having that feeling like you don't know what you're doing or where it's going, it's a sign that you're on the right track.